Thursday 18 August 2011

Skywatch - Cloud Watch

We have seen some beautiful cloudscapes over the past weeks here in Yorkshire, and I'm in danger of wearing my camera out and crashing my computer with all the photographs I am accumulating, oh well, room for one more...!   (Click on photo's to enlarge)

Sun descending through Stratocumulus 13.08.11 -



Sundog, Cirrus uncinus, Altocumulus and Housemartins - 15.08.11 - 17:57:49
 

Ominous cloud with small aircraft above - or is it a teddybear riding on the back of a big black bird? 17.08.11


Sunrise over the village - 18.08.11 - 05:26:48


Angel wings..! - 18.08.11 - 11:16:32


Altocumulus and Cirrocumulus - 18.08.11 - 15:35:39


18.08.11 - 15:36:53

Cirrus - 18.08.11 - 16:25:45


Jet leaving a contrail through the Cirrus - 18.08.11 - 16:27:28


14 comments:

Jim said...

Great collection of sky shots.

Kel said...

sundog is my favourite from this collection

aspiritofsimplicity said...

these are fantastic! you really have been having some beautiful clouds lately.

Kim, USA said...

Wow your clouds is stunning! My fave is the second one. Happy weekend!

SWF

forgetmenot said...

Jackie, You have captured some amazing cloud formations. Excellent photos of some beautiful skies. Have a nice weekend. Mickie ;)

Victoria Tsavdaridou said...

Amazing cloud formation Jackie!!!!!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Gorgeous shots!

My Skywatch, please come and see.

Tania said...

Wow, that is really fantastic clouds and shots.

Linda said...

Ooooh, what a delight to discover your blog! I am another cloud nut (Mum, not another photo of clouds...). I saw your mention of having a cloud spotter's handbook on another blog and knew that you might be a kindred spirit.

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Nice photos.

Regards!

Darcel said...

You can never take too many pictures of the sky.

Bengts fotoblogg said...

Lovely sky shots.

Jan-Olov Wogenius tel. 0706-476346 said...

Very nice,and thank you for visiting my blog.

gtyyup said...

I love that second shot!! You know all the names to the clouds! Good for you...I need to study up on that. Thanks for your visit today~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...